All the traditional flavors of a Greek salad, but in a more satisfying form with the healthy benefits of quinoa. It’s a simple salad that’s hearty and delicious. Quinoa is a good source of protein. Protein is important in a diet for people with IR (Insulin Resistance).
Prep Time-15 minutes
Cook Time-15 minutes
Passive Time-20 minutes
* 1 cup quinoa uncooked
* 2 Persian cucumbers diced
* 1/2 of a small red onion diced
* 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
* 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives halved
* 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
* 1/3 cup fat free feta cheese crumbled
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
* 1 tsp dried oregano
* Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions, set aside to cool.
2. Once quinoa is cooled to room temp, add in remaining ingredients, and toss well to combine.
PER SERVING: 143 calories; 4.5g fat; 0.5g saturated fat; 19g carbohydrates; 2.5g fiber; 0g sugar; 7g protein